the Global Professional Breathwork Alliance
Jim Morningstar, PhD
Explore the six body themes of your early human development — to uncover lifelong patterns, overcome the fears that are keeping you stuck, and increase your energy and creativity.
The first six years of your life have a huge impact on whether your natural abilities and traits are nurtured and celebrated or undermined and neglected.
Your experiences in these early years set in motion the dynamics you’re now experiencing as an adult, both positive and negative.
Perhaps you’re experiencing feelings of belonging or isolation, a sense of endless possibility or limitation, or a feeling of self-empowerment or being controlled.
Maybe you feel free to express yourself, or you long for approval.
As psychologist Jim Morningstar teaches, each stage of our early human development is associated with one of six body themes — safety, abundance, control, freedom of expression, gender identity, and intimacy.
All humans face these same six themes, and adopt postures, movements, and qualities of functioning that reflect them.
And if you’re like most people, one or more of these themes was underdeveloped in childhood — and is probably preventing you from living your heart’s true desires. As a result, you might be feeling held back in life, unable to live your full potential as an adult.
The good news is that these unconscious patterns aren’t permanent limitations due to genetics or family heritage.
In fact, you can harness the power of Therapeutic Breathwork® and applied bioenergetics to illuminate and change these unconscious patterns with your own loving guidance and courage.
Join Jim for a powerful online course where you’ll use Therapeutic Breathwork and bioenergetics to uncover the events or circumstances that overwhelmed you as a young child — so you can process those traumas and go back into your body feeling safe and alive, rather than triggered and afraid.
As you learn about a new body theme each module, you’ll create a respectful and nourishing relationship with your child-self, who represents your emotional body.
Jim will guide you to extend feelings of acceptance, safety, and love to your present self, your family, your co-workers, and the world.
You’ll develop confidence in consciously sharing Therapeutic Breathwork and bioenergetics with others as a caregiver or friend.
You’ll learn to appreciate your body and enjoy living in it as you work with tools and techniques to help you master your breath.
You’ll transform the lifelong patterns that prevent you from feeling accepted, feeling loved, and expressing your true self — so you can begin to heal and find safety and fulfillment.
In this illuminating course, you’ll:
- Explore the 6 major body themes in detail so you can identify them in yourself and others — and honor your strengths and heal your childhood wounds through breathwork
- Learn how these 6 body themes show up in your body and your life by processing your early family patterns
- Use breath and intention to create a circle of safety to nourish and protect your body — and cultivate a sanctuary in which to listen to your inner guidance daily
- Identify the factors in your life that influence your basic sense of safety in your body and the world
- Rediscover the source within, using the gifts of compassion and understanding — while still setting boundaries for self-care and personal fulfillment
- Learn to read and respond effectively to others’ nonverbal messages
- Own and develop the natural leadership skills of confidence and mutuality that emanate from the heart center
- Express authentic emotional intelligence in ways that support others — without suppressing yourself
- Discover how to live your life and navigate your relationships with passion, inner peace, and self-acceptance
- Find and build upon your unique blend of masculine and feminine attributes — and cultivate the courage to own your natural expressions in the world
- Bring your intimate relationships into your holistically fulfilling life path — as you fearlessly surrender to love while still living a self-possessed life
- Experience seven Therapeutic Breathwork practices, movement exercises, and other tools to unlock lifelong holding patterns, transform your fears, and increase your energy and creativity
— Dr. Belisa Vranich, Founder of The Breathing Class: “Jim Morningstar Is Pivotal in the Breathwork Community”
— Judith Kravitz, Creator of Transformational Breath®: “Jim Is an Incredible Pioneer in Breathwork”
What You’ll Discover in These 7 Modules
In this 7-part transformational intensive, Jim will guide you through the fundamental skills and competencies you’ll need to successfully access your body’s wisdom and transform lifelong fears.
This course will feature step-by-step teachings and experiential practices with Jim. Each session will build harmoniously upon the previous ones, so you’ll develop a complete holistic understanding of the practices, tools, and principles you’ll need to uncover lifelong patterns, overcome the fears that are keeping you stuck, and increase your energy and creativity.
Module 1: From Survival to Thriving With Bioenergetics & Therapeutic Breathwork
This opening module will be an introduction to unlocking the wisdom of the body with energy reading, movement, breath and a developmental roadmap that opens the treasures of your soul’s potential to flourish in this lifetime.
Jim will share the four foundational exercises he’ll teach during the course:
- Using breath and intention to create a circle of safety to nourish and protect your body — and cultivate a sanctuary in which to listen to your inner guidance daily
- A guided visualization through your life cycle to identify areas of focus for your soul’s purpose in this lifetime
- The basic bioenergetic exercise to charge and discharge your energy circuits and increase your flow of bioenergy
- Two breathing techniques to release trauma from your cells
By the end of this opening session, you’ll be equipped to begin using the tools of bioenergetics and Therapeutic Breathwork for life transformation.
In this module you’ll:
- Explore charting the areas of both developmental challenge and strength on your life’s journey
- Identify the fears you’ve brought into this lifetime so you can release them from your life cycle
- Learn to charge and discharge your body’s energy systems to maximize your flow of vital bioenergy
- Use slower-than-normal breathing and faster-than-normal breathing to release trauma from your mind and body
- Experience the spirit of thriving cellularly
- Participate in a daily breathwork and visualization practice to help you be what Jim calls reSourceful in each activity and relationship
Module 2: Psychic Sensitive Body Theme — Safety vs. Danger in the Body & the World
Jim will share the first theme of this course: releasing traumas and accessing the gifts of psychic awareness — and he’ll explain how intuition and spiritual transmissions are consciously applied.
As you’ll discover, the first of the six major developmental stages in your life reveal your primal attitudes toward safety from pre-birth to your first year of life. In this stage, you assess whether you feel welcome and wanted or antagonized in your body and your world.
Jim will share how the psychological and emotional atmosphere into which a child is conceived influences neurological and characterological formation.
You’ll learn exercises to help you experience your primal sense of safety — and analyze the early family dynamics and messages that reinforced your sense of safety or danger.
Jim will share the limitations of non-integration and the gifts of successful integration, explain the technique of Therapeutic Breathwork, and guide you through an experience of combining breathwork with bioenergetic movement and expression.
In this module you’ll:
- Identify the factors in your life that influence your basic sense of safety in your body and the world
- Read the features of non-integration and integration in the Psychic Sensitive pattern in the body
- Understand the psychological and emotional defenses and strengths that play out — both during “normal” times and when under stress
- Assess the areas of strength and limitation you chose to work with in your earliest developmental stage of life
- Increase safety in the full experience of your aliveness with a strong, expressive bioenergetic exercise
- Experience a facilitated breathwork session with bioenergetic movement and expression
Module 3: Empathetic Nurturing Body Theme — Abundance vs. Deprivation & Abandonment
Be prepared to rediscover the source within, using the gifts of compassion and understanding — while still setting boundaries for self-care and personal fulfillment. You’ll also learn to read and respond effectively to others’ nonverbal messages.
The Empathetic Nurturing patterns you formed during your first year of life connect to deprivation and abandonment. In the held-fear state, the belief is, “I’ll never get enough. ” The compensating belief then becomes,“If I love enough, I’ll be loved” or “I’m self-sufficient. ”
As Jim will explain, the child’s body takes on a posture of deprivation with a collapsed chest, affording a shallow inhale and a breath-by-breath experience of lack. The child then learns to become a caretaker to get their needs met.
Jim will guide you in exercises to experience your early feelings of sufficiency and/or abandonment and to reconnect with self-support from the inside out — while still asserting yourself in a healthy way. You’ll also practice breathwork with bioenergetic movement and expression to support inner self-sufficiency.
You’ll learn about early family dynamics and messages that reinforce abundance or depletion.
In this module you’ll discover:
- How to transform the holding patterns in your body that influence your basic sense of abundance or deprivation
- Ways to spot the traits of both integration and non-integration of the Empathetic Nurturing pattern — in your body and in others
- The areas of strength and limitations you chose to work with while developing your sense of inner and outer abundance
- Bioenergetic exercises to increase strength in your legs — and foster the direct experience of self-support from the ground up
- A facilitated breathwork session with bioenergetic movement and expression
Module 4: Inspirational Leader Body Theme — Harmony vs. Overpowering or Seduction
Jim will explain how to own and develop the natural leadership skills of confidence and mutuality that emanate from the heart center.
Your Inspirational Leader patterns, solidified during your first to third years of life, focused on control issues in relationships.
As a child becomes mobile and explores their environment, their caretakers often control them to fit their own needs, without taking their child’s needs into account.
The child’s held-fear position is, “To give into my feelings is weak. ” The compensating belief is,“I’m in control.”
As you’ll discover, breathwork can now help you release your exhale, start to trust and feel pleasure in your more vulnerable feelings, and eventually let go and surrender appropriately with others.
Through breathwork, your head and heart work together to bring out your loving leadership qualities and release the old tyrannical control of the unintegrated Inspirational Leader.
To help you become more comfortable with vulnerability, Jim will share exercises to support you in experiencing your early feelings of being supported in independence or of being controlled. You’ll review the early family dynamics that reinforced your sense of harmony or power struggles in relationships.
Jim will facilitate breathwork with bioenergetic movement and expression to help you achieve a healthy balance between head and heart.
In this module, you’ll explore:
- Dealing effectively with the holding patterns in your body that influence your basic sense of trust in yourself and harmony in your relationships
- Reading the features of both non-integration and integration of the Inspirational Leader pattern in your body and others’ bodies
- The psychological and emotional defenses and strengths that play out in the Inspirational Leader, both normally and under stress
- Bioenergetic exercises to feel more comfortable being vulnerable and to more easily let go of your need for control
- A facilitated breathwork session with bioenergetic movement and expression to integrate natural leadership qualities
- Your areas of strength and limitation as you develop your sense of self-direction with support from others
Module 5: Steadfast Supportive Body Theme — Freedom of Expression vs. Humiliation
Jim will explain how to express authentic emotional intelligence in ways that support others — without suppressing yourself. You’ll learn how to live your life and navigate your relationships with true passion, inner peace, and self-acceptance.
The Steadfast Supportive theme, developed during the second to fourth year of life, is associated with freedom-of-expression issues.
The bodies of people with this theme take on a squashed appearance, with a thick neck, tucked-in pelvis, and a short, thick waist.
Because they’ve repressed direct expressions of anger, their muscles are under continual pressure. Under stress, they often provoke others in passive-aggressive ways.
The strengths of the Steadfast Supportive type include the ability to stay with challenges and to help others.
If you have a Steadfast Supportive theme, breathwork can help you complete and release your exhale so you’re able to directly deal with anger as you shed your experience of being under continuous pressure to please.
Jim will share breathwork practices with bioenergetic movement and expression to support your freedom of expression.
In this module, you’ll:
- Release the holding patterns in your body that influence your sense of self-esteem
- Read the features of non-integration and integration of the Steadfast Supportive pattern in your body and others’ bodies
- Understand the psychological and emotional defenses and strengths that play out in the Steadfast Supportive theme, normally and under stress
- Use bioenergetic exercises to increase comfort in authentic expression of feelings and letting go of the need to please
- Engage in a facilitated breathwork session with bioenergetic movement and expression help the process of integrating natural helping qualities
- Assess your strength and limitations as you express your feelings
Module 6: Gender Balanced Body Theme — Sexual Integration vs. Role Confusion
You’ll learn how to find and build uponyour unique blending of masculine and feminine attributes — and cultivate the courage to own your natural expressions in the world.
The Gender Balanced body patterns set in during the third to fifth year of life. The prevailing theme is gender confusion, prompting us to ask, “How do I safely express myself as a male or female?”
The held-fear posture dictates that if you assert yourself spontaneously, you’ll be rejected.
Males with this body pattern adopt a very passive, soft style, and their bodies have a rounded exterior and a compliant expression. Their true strength is often cloaked with sarcasm and covert manipulation. Females with this body pattern take a very assertive stance, and are often very competitive with males. Their bodies show a split between the upper being quite rigid and the lower being more full and weak. Their jaws are characteristically tight.
Under stress, males with this theme tend to undermine, and females with this theme tend to resort to attack. Breathwork addresses this imbalance by helping people balance the inhale and the exhale — so they can gain safety in both their vulnerability and their strength, and accept safety in their gender identity.
As Jim will explain, breathwork provides a new model of acceptance, exposing deep fears of rejection and punishment. True potential for blending your male and female sides blossoms so you can enjoy yourself as a fully whole human being and share this model with the world.
Jim will share new models of gender expansiveness, including those of transgender and gender nonconforming people.
He’ll also share exercises to help you experience your early feelings of your acceptance of gender identity and expression — and/or being rewarded for culturally defined gender roles.
In this module, you’ll discover how to:
- Release the holding patterns in your body and mind that influence your authentic path to gender identity and sexual orientation
- Read the features of non-integration and integration of the Gender Balanced pattern in your own body and others’ bodies
- Know the psychological and emotional defenses and strengths that play out in the Gender Balanced theme normally and under stress
- Use bioenergetic exercises to help you authentically express your gender and let go of the need to conform to cultural stereotypes
- Assess the areas of strength and limitation in developing your sense of authentic gender identity and expression
- Engage in a facilitated breathwork session with bioenergetic movement and expression to help integrate your gender-identifying life journey
Module 7: Energetic Grounded Body Theme — Intimacy vs. Betrayal
In this closing module, you’ll learn how to bring your intimate relationships into a holistically fulfilling life path, and how to fearlessly surrender to love while still living a self-possessed life.
The Energetic Grounded theme is formed during the fourth to sixth year of life and often accompanies disappointment in intimate relationships as an adult.
Those in this state feel a deep sense of rejection and betrayal from their initial attempts to relate as intimate beings (to their parents or significant others). Their slogan becomes, “No one is going to hurt me again.” Their compensatory belief becomes, “I am a loving person who no one understands.”
Their bodies portray stiffening for the anticipated rejection of their love and are armored in the torso region. They tend to have stiff backs. Their eyes tend to be bright and they handle affairs of the world well. It is in maintaining intimate relationships that they falter.
Under stress, they quickly express anger.
Breathwork helps those with Energetic Grounded themes integrate and embody their inhalations and exhalations. Through breathwork, they're better able to handle their underlying frustration without rejecting other people. They learn safety in vulnerability with others and let their naturally attractive, alert, capable qualities be shared in healthy, whole relationships.
Jim will share exercises to experience your early feelings of acceptance for your desires for physical and emotional intimacy — versus a sense of judgment or reaction of yourself as a sexual being.
He’ll guide you to review your early family dynamics and the messages you received to help you accept and appropriately deal with complicated feelings for a parental figure.
In this final module, you’ll learn how to:
- Release the holding patterns in your body and mind that keep your heart from surrendering to love
- Read the features of non-integration and integration of the Energetic Grounded pattern in your body and others’ bodies
- Understand the psychological and emotional defenses and strengths that play out in the Energetic Grounded body theme, normally and under stress
- Use bioenergetic exercises to get more comfortable integrating loving intimacy into your life
- Engage in a facilitated breathwork session with bioenergetic movement and expression to support the process of feeling safe in surrendering to love
- Review the Body Themes and create a plan for using breathwork and bioenergetics in ongoing and practical ways for a fulfilling life
The Therapeutic Breathwork and Applied Bioenergetics Bonus Collection
In addition to Jim’s transformative 7-module virtual course, you’ll receive these special bonuses to complement the course and take your understanding and practice to an even deeper level.
Being a Teacher of Light
9-Part Audio Teaching With PDF Handouts From Jim Morningstar, PhD
To be embodied on this planet is to be a student and teacher of light. Light is where we come from, what we’re made of, and where we’re going. In this powerful teaching, Jim shares how you can become more conscious and masterful of how you can live and grow in light. Delve into this audio to discover how to steep yourself in the light of a master’s path, deepen your reverence for your own light — and be supported in sharing and teaching from your own light.
Therapeutic Breathwork in Healing Trauma & Addictions
Audio Teaching From Jim Morningstar, PhD
What are the neurological and psychological causes and effects of trauma — and how do they impact addictions and treatment? In this audio, Jim talks with Teri Nehring, MSE, a psychotherapist and breathworker skilled in a variety of modalities. Listen in and explore the theory and application of breath awareness and modulation techniques that have a profound positive effect when it comes to managing anxiety, depression, and addictions. You’ll also get insight into how breathwork training affects treatment staff and communities.
The 7 Sacred Gifts of the Breath
Video Teaching From Jim Morningstar, PhD
Discover what the seven sacred gifts of breath offer at each stage of both physical and chakra development throughout the cycles of your life. With this experiential presentation, you’ll learn how being aware of these gifts and stages can help you recover any original treasures you may have lost, or that became suppressed during your development. You’ll discover how you can experience the aliveness and joy of your pure inner spirit.
What People Are Saying About Jim Morningstar’s work...
— Omar Chtioui: “Jim Morningstar Offers a Real School of Breathwork”
— Jack Fontana: “Jim Morningstar Has Been a Real Force in My Life”
— Kate Becker: “Jim Morningstar Is a Masterful Teacher”
“Profound and comprehensive... based on extensive experience as a therapist and trainer...”
Profound and comprehensive... based on extensive experience as a therapist and trainer, including new scientific research and informative models from biology and sociology, thus underlining the central role of conscious breathing in daily life and healing work.
— Dr. Wilfried Ehrmann, international trainer in Integrative Breathwork and author of Manual of Breath Therapy and Coherent Breathing: Aligning Breath and Heart
“Dr. Jim Morningstar is one of the real pioneers in breathwork.”
Dr. Jim Morningstar is one of the real pioneers in breathwork. In his new book he offers a good illustration of how Therapeutic Breathwork represents a new form of interactive healing that benefits both client and therapist. With its comprehensive theory and overview of breathwork, it is an essential contribution for breathwork as a whole.
— Gunnel Minett, psychologist and author of Exhale: An Overview of Breathwork and How to Grow a Healthy Mind
“Both professionals and nonprofessionals alike will be struck by Jim Morningstar’s clarity, involvement, and attention to detail, which is such an integral part of healing.”
Jim Morningstar presents actual case studies that add a wonderful human touch, as well as an explanation based on neuroscience for the changes that he has seen in clients during his experience as a breathwork practitioner. This book is one of the few of its kind that demonstrates the safe and effective usage of faster-than-normal breathing in professional practice. It should be read by anyone interested in evolving modern counseling techniques to keep pace with the growing need to help people face the challenges of life today. Both professionals and nonprofessionals alike will be struck by Jim Morningstar’s clarity, involvement, and attention to detail, which is such an integral part of healing.
— Shirley Telles, MBBS, MPhil, PhD (neurophysiology), DSc (yoga), director of Patanjali Research Foundation in Haridwar, India
“Jim Morningstar walks the talk and breathes the breath.”
Jim Morningstar walks the talk and breathes the breath. He is a leading figure in breathwork today.
— Dr. Joy Manné, author of Soul Therapyand Family Constellations
“Jim instills the confidence and knowledge to begin this great life adventure of breathwork personally and professionally.”
Jim has created a wonderful guide to help empower practitioners from all walks to add breathwork to their toolbox. This type of breathing breaks through old, no-longer-useful patterns while helping the practitioner and client create a healthy new vibrant way of life. Jim instills the confidence and knowledge to begin this great life adventure of breathwork personally and professionally.
— Lauren Cafritz, breath facilitator, lecturer, and teacher
Here’s What You’ll Receive
Seven 90-Minute Class Sessions With Jim Morningstar
Experience a unique opportunity to learn from psychologist and author Jim Morningstar from the comfort of your own home. Each class includes a streaming video option and guides you to explore the six body themes of your early human development — to uncover lifelong patterns, overcome the fears that are keeping you stuck, and increase your energy and creativity.
Seven Transcripts of Class Sessions
In addition to the high-quality videos and MP3 audios, you’ll also receive the entire class transcription after each session is completed. You can then review, print, and highlight the most important insights and practices you were given.
Exercises and Questions for Each Lesson
Between class sessions, you’ll have the option of completing related exercises, practicing new tools, and answering questions to accelerate your learning and integrate each lesson.
- Being a Teacher of Light
9-Part Audio Teaching With PDF Handouts From Jim Morningstar, PhD
- Therapeutic Breathwork in Healing Trauma & Addictions
Audio Teaching From Jim Morningstar, PhD
- The 7 Sacred Gifts of the Breath
Video Teaching From Jim Morningstar, PhD
An Unprecedented Opportunity to Join the Therapeutic Breathwork and Applied Bioenergetics Online Training
We feel honored that Jim Morningstar has chosen to partner with The Shift Network to offer this exclusive online training. This is a unique opportunity to learn from a psychologist and breathwork pioneer whose powerful insights and transformational work are helping us heal and awaken ourselves and our world.
If you’re serious about uncovering lifelong patterns, overcoming the fears that are keeping you stuck, and increasing your energy and creativity, then you owe it to yourself, your loved ones, and our world to take this one-of-a-kind training.
If you’re ready to take the next step in evolving yourself, click the register button below to reserve your space now.
Your Satisfaction Is 100% Guaranteed!
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed! If you don’t absolutely LOVE Therapeutic Breathwork and Applied Bioenergetics — or don’t feel that it meets your needs — please submit your refund request form 2 weeks from your date of purchase and we’ll happily issue qualifying customers a refund.
More Praise for Jim Morningstar
“Jim Morningstar is a wise and visionary healer, who knows the ways of the body and the heart.”
Jim Morningstar is a wise and visionary healer, who knows the ways of the body and the heart. His work opens from trauma to well-being, from past to radiant present.
— Jack Kornfield, Buddhist teacher and author of The Roots of Buddhist Psychology
“A pioneer in breathwork and energetics, Jim Morningstar inspires the respect and admiration of practitioners in the field.”
A pioneer in breathwork and energetics, Jim Morningstar inspires the respect and admiration of practitioners in the field. His work with integrative techniques and his insights has encouraged my personal and professional growth.
— Dr. Belisa Vranich, clinical psychologist, media personality, and author of Breathe
“Jim Morningstar draws on an expansive knowledge of multicultural breath practices throughout history and many years of his own deep personal work...”
Jim Morningstar draws on an expansive knowledge of multicultural breath practices throughout history and many years of his own deep personal work and professional practice. The result is a valuable contribution at the growing edge of modern therapy, and a revolutionary blueprint combining mind/body healing and the latest findings in brain research.
— Tav Sparks, author of The Power Within: Becoming, Being, and the Holotropic Paradigm,director of Grof Transpersonal Training
“Jim’s extensive personal and professional experience of breathwork places him in an ideal position to introduce breathwork to those new to these practices.”
In the coming years we are going to see a greater focus on the use of breathing to bring about healing in counseling and clinical mental health practice. Jim’s extensive personal and professional experience of breathwork places him in an ideal position to introduce breathwork to those new to these practices. And for the more experienced practitioner his book provides plenty of stimuli for further personal integration and professional growth.
— Lloyd Lalande, PhD, clinical breathwork researcher and trainer and lecturer in clinical mental health counseling
About Jim Morningstar, PhD
The Director of Transformations Incorporated, Jim Morningstar is co-director of the Global Professional Breathwork Alliance, setting standards for training and ethics in professional breathwork. He has held licensure as a clinical psychologist since 1973 and was certified by the American Board of Professional Psychologists in 1978. He was a clinical supervisor at the Medical College of Wisconsin and directed a community mental health center.
Jim’s diverse background includes being a Native American pipe holder, an Enlightenment Intensive Master, a Tai Chi practitioner since 1970, and an avid tree hugger. He founded the School of Integrative Psychology in 1980 and the Transformations Breathworker Training Program in 1990. He has pioneered the integration of psychotherapy with such mind-body techniques as Therapeutic Breathwork® and bio-spiritual energetics, and has authored five books in the field of transformational psychology and breathwork.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is your refund policy?
A: Your satisfaction with The Shift Network and this course is our highest priority! We offer a satisfaction guarantee for a full two weeks so that you can try out the course risk free. The deadline to receive a refund is two weeks from your date of purchase. To request a refund, please click here to submit your Refund Application Form. Your refund will be processed within five business days and we will send you an email confirmation when your refund has been completed. However, we’d love to have a chance to address and resolve your concerns first. If there’s something we can assist you with, please email us at email@example.com, and we’ll be happy to help!
Q: How can I reach Customer Support?
A: Please visit our Customer Support Center, where you should be able to find the answer to your question or the solution to your problem. And if you can’t, you can submit an online request form and we’ll get right back to you.